Wednesday 5 October 2016

School Readership Profile

Today I'm going to go through my results of my questionnaire with you and analyze some parts of it and explain who I will be targeting my magazine to.



The first question in my survey was to see the different ages in the 6th form and to see what was the dominant age. As you can see from my results the majority of the people who answered my survey was 16 year olds. This shows that people in 6th form are mainly from year 12 and that they are the more dominant age group.



Second questions in my survey was the gender. In this section I expected it to be pretty even and as you can see from the results it did turn out like what I expected and was even. There was 11 males and 9 females which answered my survey.



In the third question if I managed to get different results than I expected. I believed the 6th formers would enjoy socializing with their friend with the most but this didn't turn out to be the matter. The most thing people enjoyed was their break and lunch time and the least votes were for friends.



The fourth question was to find out what people disliked the most about the school as I managed to find out what they enjoyed the most in school. I found out that 6th formers most disliked the rules of the school. This could suggest that the 6th formers believe they are being treated unfairly which could be a potential topic to talk about in my magazine.



The fifth question in my survey was to find out about their hobbies to see what people enjoy the most. In my results it was tightly contested. Reading was mentioned the most which is a benefit which shows that my magazine could be ideal for 6th formers which means I can potentially aim to only focus on them. The second most mentioned hobby was sports. This was pretty much expected as young adults tend to be interested in fitness which means I could include Sport events in my magazine as it'll be more ideal.



Sixth question I asked was what people are planning to do after 6th form and as expected most of the people wanted to go University and some of them wanted to do apprenticeship and by this I can get an idea on what to include in my magazine such as University details and different Apprenticeship opportunities.



Another question I asked to see if the people were employed/Volunteer somewhere to get a rough idea of how much free time they have as 6th form is normally much harder than secondary school. I thought that many people will be unemployed but this didn't turn out to be the case. Even though majority of them was unemployed (11) it was still tight and out of the twenty people I asked nine of them said yes. This shows that potentially many of them didn't have that much free time.



The results for the 8th question was tight expect for Media which many people preferred. Many of the other subjects were even which shows that if I was to focus on a topic it would be Media as it was the winner easily.



I believe the 9th question was the most important question as it would tell me if people would actually read my magazine. The results showed positivity as majority of them said they do enjoy reading school magazines.



The final question was which type of genre they did enjoy reading (For the people saying they did enjoy reading a magazine). As you can see from the results many people enjoyed reading about music and fashion. This gave me a rough idea on any additional content that I can include for my school magazine to make it attract readers.



Overall from my questionnaire I know now that I will target my school magazine on 6th formers and will include topics like Sports, School rules, University options and many more. The reason for including these topics is from the results I obtained from the questionnaire so by including these topics it can attract more readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment